Wednesday, August 26, 2009

feeling unwell since last night after i reached home... :(
think it really turns me off to fall sick on such an untimely period. although i'm going through my school holidays but man, i still need to work and fulfill my appts. been praying for 3 items thats been on my mind and doing some preparation for something thats coming up in a couple of weeks already.... really not the time for me to be unwell.... Argh~

will be heading down to get mooncakes later on during lunch. i wont say much but will still do a brief review on these lovely mooncakes since they're simply too good to be missed. that aside, there's this verse that keeps revolving in my head," what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul."

i do not know how come this verse keeps appearing in my head but I believe there's a reason behind it. mayb i'll do simple evaluation on my take on this verse.

so many times or too often, we see ourselves chasing after things that we deem it good or best for ourselves, our family, our careers etc. be it what ever reasons it maybe. i read this book "Driven by eternity" by John Bevere where i vet through it since my friends wanted to borrow it. it brings to my remembrance how we all work so hard to build towers and treasures of wealth, status, fame etc or even in search for that someone. at the end of the day, do we truly find fulfillment, take joy, pleasures in attaining or achieving these? yes, no doubt we need to have excellence and diligence in the things we do but yet, is this truly what we seek?

i shared a story with one of my friend about the vision i'm going after for 2009, and in return, i asked about what her vision/dream is be it short or long term. Then she said her's is not as exciting as mine but i said that it doesn't really matter if its exciting or not. We got to be people that's creating a legacy for people and our descendants to remember! when we're at our deathbed reminicsing about our life, will we regret if we missed out on certain things, what things we should have done or be doing at a certain point of time whatsoever.

in life, there're simply too many regrets and things we want to do and achieve and yet, will we truly achieve those things and if they really worthwhile or not? the answers lies in you and varies from indivdual to individual as well. My point here is, if one really wants to run after a dream, a vision, let it drive him/her and be cause-worthy. Like John Bevere, Driven by eternity.

some foodie entries coming up in a couple of days time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment